Search This Blog

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Click Bait


So, if you read this blog from time to time, you know I'm a bit nerdy and a few days ago I posted this.

I thought that 15 year old painting would get some nice attention if I posted it to the Star Wars Google+ Community.
What did I get?
Nothing.
One solitary +1 from a community of  over 115,000 users. One lousy click.
And it's not like other posts weren't getting attention. Other posts, lousy ones, were easily getting dozens of clicks.

So I decided I needed to game the system. I needed to come up with something those geeks would click. So why not Darth Maul? Dorks love Darth Maul. Even the ones who hate Phantom Menace still love Darth Maul.
It was sure to get clicks.

It topped out at 83 +1's.

Meanwhile a half naked lady in an Ewok t-shirt got over 250.
I think maybe I should just stop trying to impress dorks.

No comments:

Post a Comment