Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

It's not personal, it's just monkey business

I do a project with my Digital Arts class that's fairly straightforward- we create a comic book page and color it. Since most students aren't confident in their drawing skills and since it's not really a drawing class per se, I allow them to instead composite a bare minimum of three photographs into a picture to print out and trace to then be scanned and put in Multiply Mode for them to color as their page. Pretty simple.
Unless of course someone can't even trace.
This kid had what I thought was a pretty fun idea of a monkey standoff against a poacher in the jungle and he put it together on the computer pretty well, but when it came time to trace it as a pencil drawing, well..... he can't trace anything to save his life. Rather than leave him with a cruddy picture of a great idea I redid the tracing for him. This is his idea and his composition with my tracing.

No comments:

Post a Comment